About Our Materials
How To Order
For each item you wish to order on a particular order form, please enter the quantity in the box provided. When you are done, go to the bottom of the page and place your order by clicking on one of the following buttons:
Prices Of Our Publications
Books, Educational and Audiovisual Materials
Priced as noted. In some cases, special prices can be offered to educational groups. Contact Maryland Sea Grant for details.
Technical Reports and Reprints
Unless otherwise noted, one copy of a technical report is free to Maryland residents ($1.00 to nonresidents) and Sea Grant representatives from other states; multiple copies $1.00 each.
Academic reprints are not available from this bookstore; they are listed for information purposes only. You can find copies of this material in your university library or at the National Sea Grant Library.
Public Information and Sea Grant Extension Publications
Free, unless otherwise noted.
Orders are generally filled within 1-2 business days after we receive your order and payment. If an item is out of stock or out of print, we will notify you and give you the opportunity to cancel your order.
Please note that Maryland Sea Grant, as part of the University System of Maryland, is closed for holidays and spring & winter break. For specific dates, please see the University Holiday Schedule.
- Credit card. We only accept credit card payment online; we do not accept credit card payment by phone, fax or mail. Those ordering online by credit card will be transferred to a secure University of Maryland site for processing. Items generally ship within 1-2 days.
- Purchase order. Pay for items by fax or mail. You can either submit your order online and fax us your purchase order or mail it to us along with your purchase order. Items will not ship until we have received your faxed or mailed purchase order.
- Check. Pay for Items by mailing us a check. You can either submit your order online and mail us your check separately or mail it to us along with your payment. Items will not ship until we receive your check.
- International Orders. Prepayment is required for all international orders either by check (drawn on a U.S. bank) or bank transfer. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Returns & Refunds
You may return an item only if it has been damaged in shipping. To return an item, please mail it to our office along with a copy of your invoice or letter containing your order number, name and address.
We do not refund books and videos sold to individual customers. Wholesales and booksellers should contact our office for more information.
Abbreviations Used In Maryland Sea Grant Publication Numbers
|UM||University of Maryland|
|Sea Grant Publications|
|CP||Chesapeake Perspectives Series|
|MP||Marine Perspectives Series|
|SGN||Sea Grant Network|
|TSN||Technical Series Notes|
|Sea Grant Extension Publications|
|FS||Fact Sheet (Marine Advisory)|
|MAP||Marine Advisory (now Sea Grant Extension) Publication|
|MAR||Marine Advisory (now Sea Grant Extension) Reprint|
|Coastal and Environmental Policy Program Publications|
|CEPP||Coastal and Environmental Policy|
Maryland Sea Grant
4321 Hartwick Road, Suite 300
College Park, MD 20740
Fax: 301-314-5780, Attention: Publications
Other Sources for Sea Grant Publications
Maryland Sea Grant publications are also available at these libraries and depositories:
- State Library Resource Center
- National Sea Grant
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
- Salisbury State College Library
- Maryland Department of Legislative Reference Library
- Washington County Free Library (MD)
- Montgomery County Public Libraries (MD)
- Maryland Hall of Records Library
- Maryland State Law Library
- Frostburg State College Library
- McKeldin Library, University of Southern Maryland Regional
- Maryland, College Park Library
- Library of Congress
The National Sea Grant Library offers loaning services of most Sea Grant publications from every program in the country, including out-of-print publications. Many of the publications in their collection have also been scanned and are available as pdfs. To find one of our out-of-print publications, visit the National Sea Grant Library (NSGL) and search their database. The easiest way to find a publication in the database is to search by the Maryland Sea Grant publication number (called the program number in NSGL). You can also send your request to:
National Sea Grant Library
1 Pell Building
University of Rhode Island
Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882
Copies of many Sea Grant publications may be also available from the National Technical Information Service for a fee:
National Technical Information Service
5285 Port Royal Road
Springfield, Virginia 22161
Other Sea Grant Programs
For information about publications from other Sea Grant programs around the country: